I created this recipe by accident, and it's become an absolute favourite of mine. It feels super indulgent, but everything in it is good for you! Win win!! I hope you love my super quick and easy pancakes.
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 1/4 cups almond milk
Organic maple syrup (make sure you buy the good quality stuff, otherwise it's just sugary water)
Make approximately 6 med-large size pancakes (enough for two people)
1. Heat your pan and add a little coconut oil
2. While the pan is heating, combine flour and milk in a bowl, and whisk.
3. Pour small portions into the pan, cook on one side until some bubbles start to appear.
NOTE- They cook differently to regular 'ol pancakes, so don't wait for loads of bubbles, just a couple.
4. Flip and cook on the other side for a minute or two.
5. Repeat with remaining batter
6. Add toppings and serve!
I like to use a two small pans that fit one pancake in each, it makes cooking a lot quicker. You can obviously use lots of other topping options, I also love natural peanut butter, honey, almond butter, figs, berries and healthy hazelnut spread (see The Whole Pantry App)
Are you going to make these this weekend? Let me know what you think!