Yum this recipe is so tasty! Serve it fresh from the oven with honey and ricotta (if you eat it), or toast it up for a tasty snack.
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp maple syrup (use the good quality organic version, otherwise it's just sugar and water)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg white
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 heaped tsp coconut sugar
1 cup pecans (you could also use walnuts)
3 small bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line a bar loaf baking tin.
2. Add four, baking soda, coconut sugar in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix together.
3. Add honey, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk.
4. Add eggs and whisk until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mash bananas with cinnamon together.
6. Mix banana through from mixture until combined.
7. Roughly chop pecans and stir through cake mix.
8. Pour into tin and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
NOTE- You could also chop another banana length ways into two long slices and add to the top of the cake before baking