This recipe is all mine. I created it on the spot and it was beautiful!
You will need
- 2 Pastry sheets (I used the gluten and dairy free ones from Coles) You could also make your own- if you have a gluten free pastry recipe, PLEASE share!
- 400g sweet potato peeled, and chopped into 1cm cubes
- One large brown onion
- Half a capsicum
- Some broccoli
- 400g can of coconut cream
- 100g goats cheese
- Fresh chilli or chilli flakes
- Almond milk or your choice of milk for painting the pastry
- Coconut oil for browning onions
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Chop onions and brown in a large pot with heated coconut oil.
3. While onions are cooking, oil and then line a pie dish with one sheet of pastry.
4. Add chopped sweet potato and coconut milk to the onions. Bring to a simmer.
5. Add goats cheese and mix through, then add turmeric and chilli to suit your taste.
6. Cook until potato is almost soft, then add broccoli and capsicum. Cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Put veggie filling into pie dish on top of the pastry. Don't add too much of the sauce to the pie. The potatoes will have soaked up a lot of the flavour, and this also stops it from becoming soggy.
8. Add the top layer of pastry to the pie. Press down the edges with a fork to make sure it's sealed. I added a pretty little triangle design to mine!
9. Paint the pastry with the milk. This will help it to brown.
10. Cook for 30 minutes. Then increase the temperature to 220 degrees celcius for a further 10minutes.
Serve with a yummy salad and... Enjoy!
Please note that cooking times may vary slightly depending on your oven. Use your instincts when it comes to cooking!
If you try this recipe at home, please share your thoughts below!