I'm addicted to coffee scrubs! They're amazing for rejuvenating the skin, making your feel fresh and soft, removing dead skin, and helping to reduce cellulite. And guess what else? They're really easy to make!
Here's my DIY Organic Coffee Scrub Recipe
You will need
1 Cup Organic ground coffee beans
1 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 Cup Organic cold pressed coconut oil (you can add more if you like it to be a little more hydrating)
2 teaspoons Organic Vanilla essence
An airtight jar to store your scrub in
NOTE- You will be able to purchase all of these items from your local health food store. As another option, all of the ingredients are available at Woolworths.
1. Sterilise your jar by giving it a good wash in hot soapy water then put it into a moderate over for 20minutes. Allow to cool. If your jar has a rubber seal, remove that before putting it in the oven.
2. Melt coconut oil and allow to cool. If you're in a warm climate you may be able to skip this step, because your coconut oil is probably already melted!
3. Combine coffee and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
4. Add cooled coconut oil and vanilla essence and mix. You might like to swap out the vanilla essence with an Essential oil like peppermint or orange.
5. Put into your jar and enjoy!
When using an exfoliant, make sure you are gentle. You don't need to push it into your skin, just gentling rub. It should feel pleasant. I leave my jar in the shower (be careful with the glass). Obviously it's beautiful to use on your body, but when you use a fine grain coffee, it's also great on your face.
Please note - Although these ingredients are all edible, I DO NOT suggest eating it. Also there aren't any preservatives in this product, so don't keep it for years! Once water goes into the product, you shouldn't keep it much longer as it will begin to go rancid.
What are you favourite natural skincare options? Do you like to keep it simple. I'd love to hear from you in the comments section below.