I'm very excited to share with you my first ever Blissful Babe. This is a brand new weekly series where I will interview inspiring young women achieving amazingness in wellness.
If you have been following my journey for a while, you would know that I'm a huge fan of Gusto Herbs, and today you get to meet the face behind the brand. Welcome my first ever Blissful Babe, Vanessa Webber.
Tell me a little bit about who you are.
My name is Vanessa Webber, I'm 22 and I live on the Gold Coast. I am passionate about sustainable design and healthy living - which I think are closely related! I believe that our surroundings have just as much impact on our bodies as the food we nourish ourselves with. We should all be spending time within natural environments - or spaces that combine natural and manmade elements. I am an interior architect at at Archidiom Design and with my family I own GUSTO Herbs Smoothie Boosters.
How did you get here? Was there a moment where everything changed?
My family are a big part of my journey to healthy eating. They have always been a positive influence on me. I never really ate unhealthy when I was younger but definitely not as good as I do now. I don’t think there was a sudden moment when everything changed. It has been a gradual process of finding out what makes me feel the best. I did this by cutting out certain foods and realising how much better I felt without those foods. Since I started gusto herbs in January 2014 I have been having a lot more raw fruits and vegetables, which has always been my target eating regime. I feel amazing for it!
Explain what a regular day looks like for you.
Hmm what is a regular day? I have 2 sort of ‘regular’ days:
1. I am the directer of GUSTO Herbs and this day generally consists of making Smoothie Boosters, answering customer emails, packaging orders, blogging, meeting with awesome bloggers like Kate :), marketing and taking lots of pretty smoothie photos (and drinking all of them of course). Plus I head to the gym!
2. I am an interior architect at an architecture firm in Surfers called Archidiom. So on this day I wake up and have a smoothie and then head to work. I also took a blender to work so myself and my co-workers make smoothies throughout the work day! Our office is located about 100m away from the beach so on my lunch breaks I head to the beach to soak up some fresh ocean air. I then come home and have a healthy dinner like a salad or quinoa and then I head to the gym.
What are your favourite ways to get active?
I love being within nature so my favourite ways would be walking or swimming at the beach or hiking a mountain. I do enjoy the gym as well - I go to Fitness First and they have heaps of awesome classes that I find really motivating.
What are the three most important things that you do each day?
1. Spending time with loved ones
2. Nourishing my body
3. Doing things that make me happy like designing or spreading healthy inspiration
In your eyes what does a Whole Housewife look like?
In my eyes a Whole Housewife looks like Kate he he. But really I think a Whole Housewife is someone who cares about their environment - whether it is their home environment, their natural environment, the environment of the relationships which they cherish, the environment that is their body and what nourishes their body, the environment of their soul and what brings them peace. I think a Whole Housewife looks beyond just ‘being’ and is ‘being more’ - they are finding the greatest version of themselves and offering that to the world.
It’s my dream to …
design inspiring sustainable spaces for people to inhabit and to open a GUSTO Smoothie Bar.
I believe that…
the world would be a better place if we all drank more smoothies.
Today I’m grateful for…
the wonderful people in my life.
For a better tomorrow we must …
stop thinking about tomorrow and live in the moment because that is all we have now.
What is your favourite meal of the day?
My favourite meal is breakfast because it is when I like to eat the most - I feel better if I eat a lighter dinner.
My favourite drink is smoothies! They are so delicious, easy and filling!
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Do what makes you happy.
Vanessa Favourite Smoothie
I love berry smoothies I make them all the time! Whether it is mixed berries, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries they all taste amazing and have wonderful health benefits:
Super Simple Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 cup Frozen Berries (of your choice)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp GUSTO Smoothie Booster (of your choice)
Blend all ingredients together. Pour into a cute glass jar and add a cute stripped straw. Enjoy!
Take a photo for Instagram #gustoherbs @gustoherbs