I've always understood the concept of a Vision Board, but until now I've never created one. In hindsight, I think it's because for a long time, I didn't really know what I wanted my future to look like. I was finding my way, and working out who I was, and really didn't have a grand plan.
This year has been such a huge transition for me, and I feel more and more clarity as the days pass me by. The picture I'm painting for my future is clear, honest and something I'm certain about, so I felt like it was the right time to really knuckle down on that and create a visual reminder to see everyday, and of course to ask the universe for.
Follow these steps to create a beautiful Vision Board for yourself...
1. Make a list of the things you want for your future/want to include on your board. This helps you to stay on track when searching for images.
2. Look for inspiring quotes. I love Renegade Collective magazine for their amazing quotes. Plus they use cool fonts and pictures that look amazing on a vision board.
3. Collect images in line with your list. You can look through magazines, photos and online, Pinterest is a great resource. I have lots of inspiring things on my account. A tip I learnt from Ang from The Gratitude Project, is to make sure you include pictures of yourself happy and healthy. (Of course that's only if thats what you want!)
4. Print in all different sizes. Variation is more visually appealing. You might also like to add some varying texture too. For example fabric, ribbon, wash tape, wrapping paper etc
5. Arrange all of the items on the board. You could group similar ones together, or mix everything throughout. Get creative and run with what feels right for you!
You can buy vision boards from Kikki K or you could also use a regular cork board and paint it or cover it with a light weight fabric like muslin.
6. Pin everything down, and hang it somewhere you will see it everyday!
7. Manifest your dreams!