Tell us a little bit about who you are.
Hi there lovers! I am Riki-Lee. A self confessed lover o'healthy living, part time blogger, social media addict, raw dessert chef, and die hard entrepreneur.
How did you get here? Was there a moment where everything changed?
I am where I am, quite simply because I chose to be. I was working for many years in administration, and knew during that time, it just wasn't for me. October of 2013 was when everything changed. I made the bold decision to leave my day job, and build a brand new career of my own. A big move, but I'm so glad I chose this path.
What does a regular day look like for you?
A regular day for me? There in nothing regular about it actually! My days are very random. Working for myself, my professional life is quite flexible. A good thing, and sometimes a 'not so good' thing! Trying to keep on track is tricky. But wherever I am, I get it done. I guess you could say the most regular thing about my day is that I make it a priority to eat well, move my body, and engage in some 'me' time. YOU come first, no matter what.
What are your favourite ways to get active?
Lately, I have been eliminating transport wherever possible. So, instead of driving to my local shop, I either ride, jog, or walk. I don't really like driving (or parking!) so that helps! It really depends how I feel on the day. A walk with my dog, perhaps some yoga, or even a quick visit to the gym. I don't throw myself into any strict routines, just whatever my body feels like on the day!
What are the three most important things that you do each day?
Eat to nourish. Move my body. Show gratitude.
In your eyes what does a Whole Housewife look like?
A happy, strong, supportive woman, who creates a healthy space for herself, and her family.
It's my dream to ...
Take Blendlove into a premises. Which will happen! Watch this space!
I believe that...
You can do anything you set your soul to. A little bit of patience, passion and persistence will get you there, every time.
Today I'm grateful for...
The sun, because it is so damn cold! There's nothing like embracing the sun's ray whilst sucking back a green smoothie, and tapping away at my keyboard, just loving what I do!
For a better tomorrow we must...
Make somebody smile. The world needs more of that.
What is your favourite meal of the day? And what do you like to eat/drink?
Breakfast by far! My mornings will usually consist of homemade bircher muesli, organic Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit and of course, a coffee!
What is the best piece of advice you've been given?
From my father:
'9 out of 10 things you stress over, don't actually happen'
Which couldn't be truer. It really helps to think of this when you are in a stressful situation, and need to calm yourself. A great quote to have pinned up somewhere you will see it everyday.
Vegan Lime and Pistachio Cheesecakes
Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe with us Riki!
1 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup pistachio nuts
1/2 cup dates, pitted
The “How To…”
1. In a food processor, blend almonds and pistachio nuts until the mixture resembles a fine crumb.
2. Add the dates, and blend until completely combined. Press about a tablespoon of the mixture into two 6-hole silicone moulds.
2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup cold pressed coconut oil
1/2 cup organic rice malt syrup
1/4 cup pistachio nuts
Rind of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
The “How To…”
1. In a blender, combined your soaked (and rinsed) cashew nuts, coconut cream, coconut oil, syrup, pistachio nuts, lime juice + rind, and vanilla bean powder. So, that’s everything!
2. Blend, using a spatula in between processing, and combine until the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. TASTE your mixture. Not sweet enough? Add a little extra rice malt syrup. More lime? Put it in! As long as your mixture is thick and creamy, you are exactly where you want to be.
4. When you have the perfect mixture, pour evenly into the molds. Freeze for 6 hours or so, or even better, overnight.
5. Top with extra pistachio nuts, lime, or even leftover ‘CRUST’ – if you have any.
6. Eat on their own, or accompanied with a scoop of coconut ice-cream.