Valentine's Day is such a beautiful holiday occasion to stop to show the people and animals in our lives how much we love them. But today I challenge you to stop and acknowledge what you love about yourself.
I have found self love to be one of the hardest steps to master in my transformation journey. It's not that I don't like who I am, but to come from a place where everything you do for yourself is based on you being number one, is quite hard! As women we spend so much time making everyone else around us happy, and if you're like me, I really enjoy it. But it's also important to find joy in doing things for ourselves.
Self Love is my theme for 2014, this is the part of me that I want to work on the most. Truly loving and accepting myself for who I am.
Now I need to make it clear that when I talk about self love, I don't mean being cocky and up yourself. I mean being totally happy and content with the person you are, being kind to yourself, and listening to your body (not your mind or ego), and loving yourself so much that you always make decisions on what is right for you.
As I said, this is a work in progress for me too, but here are a couple of things to will get you all 'In Love' with you!
- Do something special just with yourself. Take a long bath, lay outside in the garden, take a walk by yourself or sit by the ocean
- Make your favourite nutritious meal and enjoy it by candle light!
- Look yourself in the eye (using a mirror) and say " I Love you!' I know this sounds weird, but the more you do it, the more it feels good! Just make sure no one else can hear you!
- Write yourself a list of all the things you love about you
- Write a letter to yourself as the 80 year old version of you. With the power of hindsight, what would you tell yourself? Where would you tell yourself to focus your energy? What would you want to share?
I hope that this helps you find a little more love for the best Valentine of all, the Valentine you will share every year for the rest of your life, YOU!
Happy Valentines Day xx